A Short Essay

It was 2009 when I started studying my religion, doctrine, and scriptures more seriously.  Really seriously.  God called my name out of bed one night and a spiritual connection I had never had before was opened and available to me.   
In 2010 I devoured everything I could and came to know my guide better than before.  I discovered He likes to talk and persuade and counsel.  If I felt prideful or knowledgeable or better than others, I was gently knocked down.  He isn't distant and isn't unapproachable.  He definitely isn't silent.  If truth was to be found it would be through Him (or other angels, messengers, teachers that He works with -- higher beings with more experience and love than we have). 
  
In 2011 my shelf broke.  Everything about Mormonism I had stuffed away and not looked at because I knew if I did I would be horrified, came crumbling down.  I looked.  I dared to look.  I read an essay by Margaret Toscano and in that very moment I knew my crack would lead to a massive crumble.  I curled up and covered my head and it came.  It came.  All my beliefs and perspective were shattered over the course of a year or two until nothing was left but dust and I immediately wanted to rebuild.

I am an analytical person and can study and view things from an unbiased perspective.  I have a journalism degree and know how to look at facts and opposite sides of stories to ensure that what is presented is fair – or at least acknowledge that it’s not.  I looked at the works of Mormon apologists who work tirelessly to defend white-washed history and I looked at what Anti-Mormons were saying.  I came to believe that both of them were pretty much full of it.  Somewhere in the middle though, on a thin razor edge, was some truth. 

On one side were apologists desperate to explain and cover up lies and on the other side were angry, hurt people inflating truth.  In the middle was a spot where God interacted with humans and tried to offer light and a higher way, but mostly was rejected and repelled.  There was definitely something there but humans were usually too dim-witted to grasp it and especially to keep it going.  Truth and light brought here from a higher realm seemed to atrophy away pretty quickly. 

I had already known that nothing is what it seems in life and was true of the media, government, the food industry, the medical field, business, schools, politics.  There is always a financially vested interest by a few powerful at the top that controls the information, the access, the mindset and beliefs.  I was shocked, and then not so shocked, to learn that my religion was the same. 

So, as I revolved through the steps of grief, I also embarked on a quest for truth.  There was nowhere else to go but into the light at this point.  I no longer could hide behind what I felt or knew or wanted to be true just because it was my family tradition and cultural identity and I wanted to fit in.  I had to embark into uncharted waters.  And I literally could not believe that I was one of the first among my close family and friends to do so.  

How was it possible that no one else cared enough to perform an expansive search for more truth?  Don’t we know the story of the Nazis and how their strict obedience to powerful leaders whom they feared led to the massacre of millions?  Have we ever looked at what attributes identify a cult?  

I suppose that my generation was the first to come into the Google-age and there will be myriads that follow in my footsteps with so much free access to info these days.  I devoured history and doctrine and scriptures and the truth could still only be found on that razor edge.  So thin, so sharp, so hard to see and find.  I realized I had been more than incredibly naive.  I had spent three decades of my life not looking outside my culturally-built box where everything was clean and neat and smelled like roses – or eventually would be if I obeyed and endured to the end.  

I learned this existence we are having right now is actually dark and dirty and gross. Suits and short haircuts, covered shoulders and knees, these things actually weren't the mark of righteousness. Following the biggest radical of all time - Jesus - instead of man-made organized religion, was actually the real path.

At present time the rabbit hole with my former religion has proven to be too deep and too dark for me to continue following it down. I'm not willing to see where it leads or if it ever ends.  I've learned of too much darkness and lies, murder and adultery.  The Mormon church has made themselves into the most irrelevant thing in my life.  I’m bored by their antics and predictability.  I roll my eyes at the latest discovery that they’ve been using and exploiting members and missionaries and donations as resources. 

I have immense love in my heart for the hundreds of people I know who are heavily involved in the Church and carry no ill-will for them.  But for the actual structure, the corporation, the church - I do take issue with and I do speak harshly of.

It has been 3 years since we had our names officially taken off the Church rolls.  I have had family and friends tell me in person that they fervently know we will realize our mistake and return to the Church.  We will regret screwing up our family and kids and being deceived and enticed by the devil. People are so very sad for our poor children.

I still have people tell me that a family member has had a dream or revelation that we will return to the Church, or has been in the temple and had knowledge given them that we will be okay.  Hope abounds for people who believe our life is one of disobedience and sin.  It truly baffles me.  How can others see my wonderfully happy and enriching life and believe I am chasing misery and will someday realize the Mormon church is the only place that I can find happiness?  Why does anyone even care?    

We watched a General Conference talk the other day given by a woman several years ago telling a story of a pioneer woman who drank coffee and couldn’t give it up.  Eight of her ten children then grew up to drink coffee and they were all kept from the blessings of the temple and exaltation in the afterlife -- which blessings are a bit ambiguous if we’re being honest.  The story goes on to lament how all of this woman’s posterity were lost to sin and apostasy because of their mother’s tragic and disobedient choice to drink a single cup of coffee. 

I found this story to be highly disturbing.  In fact, it made me spit out my coffee.  Since I know Church history quite well, I knew that it was common for church members to drink coffee at the time the story was set in.  So at best the story was fudging quite a bit, and at worst it was a fabrication like so many other stories we have heard at Church.  

But also, what type of Christian minister, as this woman claimed to be, would use fear and sorrow over a simple drink to control its congregation into obedience?  To ensure they paid the church money and only wore special panties approved by old white men and kept a specific diet?  It was all too absurd.  It was laughable.

So, I wanted to address why I will never return to the Mormon church, despite some people still insisting that I will.  (I also highly doubt that my anti-Mormon husband or Exmo and Nevermo children will return to or join the Mormon church given how much knowledge they have about it).

 *I outgrew the Mormon church a long time ago.  Yep, I'm puffed up in pride and I lack humility.  But, as someone who craves learning new things and deeper spirituality, and has had connection with other realms and beings, the Mormon church has absolutely nothing to offer me.  They recycle and regurgitate the same vomit over and over again.  In the last General Conference, out of 29 speakers, only 2 were women.  And let's get real - women are the very definition of wisdom.

If we are being honest, even the lifelong faithful members of the church finds it excruciatingly boring to endure and sleep through General Conference.  The fear of it being the only way to happiness and heaven and to ever seeing your family again must be a big part of what keeps people involved.

*I will never pay the Mormon church any more money.  I know too much.  It’s plain and simple.  It is a corporation that takes money from the poor to support not only their massive and expansive business and real estate ventures, but also to pad their own coffers and live rich on the widow’s mite.  Their own scriptures warn against their current practices extensively, but their blind guides just keep on sniffling through talks, emotionally manipulating people into staying and paying.

This is simply not stuff that I can un-know.  This is not stuff that I can rationalize away and have a change of heart about.  I won't ever come to a place where I suddenly believe it is okay for them to grind the faces of the poor and let their own members die of starvation while they dine in fine restaurants and fly around on private jets to private vacation spots because they are best friends with Jesus.  

There is nothing that could happen or be revealed that would change these very open practices and hefty paychecks that anyone with access to Google can learn for themselves. I also know hundreds of people in a similar position to myself.  Many work for the Church still.  Many have and can verify all of these secret works done in darkness.  While local congregations can remain pure and unadulterated, honest people truly trying to follow God, the top leaders and Church structure are just rotten from the inside out.

*They won’t let us back in.  When you resign from church membership, you have to get First Presidency approval to be re-baptized into the church.  In order to be baptized into the Mormon church you have to swear allegiance to their leaders as prophets, pay tithing, confess private sins, etc.  We won’t do any of that and they won’t have us anyway.

*If they would have us, there is nothing in the Mormon church we want or care about.  None of their leaders claim to have any sort of heavenly contact or knowledge that can be taught. (They do teach each other in their private meetings that they are special witnesses purely because of their office in the church, not because they actually have a witness of anything).

If they did claim to have actual contact with God which is their very definition of salvation, they still have never demonstrated any gifts of the spirit that would witness to this or given any message that bestowed pure knowledge and helped others also rise up and gain salvation.  It’s that whole situation explained in the scriptures where the priests don’t enter in themselves, and they also don’t let others enter in.  Blind guides leading the blind into the ditch with loads of false hope.  The Mormon church is just a huge face palm to me.
 
I have seen time and time again how they exploit their members and use them for gain - mostly financial - to build up their power and control.  They literally offer salvation in their temples for a hefty price of 10% of one’s income.  (History repeats itself. Martin Luther, can you believe this?  Yes, you can.)

Some members have now paid millions of their hard-earned bucks into the church to ensure they go to Mormon heaven and aren’t ever separated from their families.  While temple patrons sit on ten-thousand dollar couches in the Celestial room with feet on 100-thousand dollar foreign rugs, homeless sick beggars slouch outside the temple gates desperate for help. 

*I have heard plenty of stories in General Conference and in Church publications that describe how a precious soul decided to live a life of sin and laziness and after thirty years of misery and realizing they had had destroyed their entire life, returns to the Church in complete humility and brokenness and are welcomed back with open arms and the sentiment of “Come back to us, precious daughter.  Your life has been one of sin and disobedience, but there is still time to make things right and enjoy the holy fellowship of God’s only chosen people”.  

I fear that my friends and family may think back to these stories when they think of me.  They may lament that she is full of pride and sin and misery now, but someday she will tire of eating the corn husks with the pigs and will return to the light.
 
I hope that’s not true. But I also hope people will stop receiving revelation that I am going to come back to the Mormon church.

If you could put me at one end of a spectrum with my life values, my knowledge, my spirituality, my connection to heaven, my inner conscience and light – the Mormon church with their practices, doctrine, rules, fear, uniformity, are at the complete other end.  For me to join up with the Church again would be for me to no longer exist. 

And lastly, please hear me, really hear me.  I am happy.  I am content.  I am growing.  I am evolving.  I know God.  I feel at peril at every moment that I will fall from His grace.  But I know Him as my Dad and I trust Him.  He does good work.  He is capable of saving every single person, even you.  And when I say “saving” I mean – educating us.  Helping us grow and progress and evolve into higher beings of light and love that have the capacity to serve and lift others. 

To judge someone is to essentially say that their life is wrong or broken or sinful and your own is in order. That mindset is not only scary since it limits your own growth, but is also kind of offensive. The best thing I have ever learned is to assume that everyone else is doing fine, and I am the only one who needs forgiveness and help and growth.  I should extend mercy for everyone else and expect justice for myself.  I believe that God’s judgment of me will be just and I completely accept it.  He is literally my Dad looking out for me.  I trust Him.

So yeah, I’m lazy.  I’m sinful.  Aren't we all?  I definitely was disobedient to Mormon leaders by leaving the Church.  But I didn’t leave because I’m too dumb to know there is no happiness to be had elsewhere.  I left because my pursuit of happiness, but mostly of knowledge and truth, human decency and morality, wouldn’t allow me to remain.

Please accept each other.  Please stop hoping your friends and family will change until they align with you and your seemingly flawless beliefs and ways.  Please have respect for others who live differently than you.  Jesus isn’t going to ask you if drank a cup of coffee.  But He might ask you if you’re ready to be judged the same way you judged others.  


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant writing! I love the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know you, but I know your feelings. I hope someday to have the courage to pen something similar to my friends and family. They need to hear it...

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shelf broke, haha! I love the imagery. Mine did too! It was painful to learn that the religious institution I had dedicated my life to ended up being merely propped up by sanitized history, deception, control, fear, and the philosophies of men mingled with scripture. But the pain was short-lived and gave way to glorious new truths that are so delicious and soul expanding! I've gained a more powerful connection to Heaven than I ever thought possible before this. The scriptures have a come alive along with the gospel of our Lord in a way that is exciting and promising. I am so grateful that the Lord has removed the scales from our eyes and is feeding us and leading us. Thanks for the thoughtful and eloquent post. Hope all is well!

    -Nate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your thoughts. I decided to stick with the religion, but define it in my own terms. I love the sense of community I receive, but I'll still drink my coffee and finish my tattoo sleeve. I also need to be conscious of the fact that the "community" aspect keeps others ("nonmembers") ostracized. Ward Family is kind of an ambiguous term, huh?

    Anyway, I'm glad you were able to find solid ground on your beliefs. That's all God would want, whether or not your name is on a roll. That's my testimony, simple as it may be. Love god, your version of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for writing this. It is wonderful to see so many feelings I have had written so beautifully and consicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the same reason I left the church. God knew what sins we would commit before we even came to this earth. Jesus already suffered and died for these sins. I don't feel that I need to answer to anyone here on earth, only Him. Thanks for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for writing and sharing these thoughts. I too have gone on a similar journey. One piece of wisdom I found along the way was a friend who said these words to me: "If God created man in his own image, and the image of man is diverse, then that means that God is diversity and that a diversity of thought, idea, race, religion and politics is of God." This went along with another poignant idea I read: "The whole of human wisdom cannot be known without at whole of humanity." These were ideas I was not able to pursue as a Mormon, because I was taught that the rest of the world was wicked, and lacked in truth, and I was taught and conditioned to fear the "other". But I no longer fear others, nor do I fear a diversity of ideas or races or religions. I celebrate those not like me, and I try to speak with them, and find ways that we can exchange wisdom with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am right with you. Great post - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your well-written essay. So much of what you wrote penetrates deeply into my soul, as I came out gay at age 49, left my 29 year marriage and Mormonism, and began to live "for reals". It's a journey, to say the least. I believed so strongly that Mormonism would solve all my gay problems; it didn't. And I can't blame God or Satan for this or that, I must make my own life what I want it to be! Freedom is wonderful, but it is an unusual feeling being guided by my own feelings. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your essay. I can't help but wonder what the comments that were 'deleted by the aurhor" said.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why have some comments been removed? Removing comments seems to be a complete contradiction. I, obviously, do not know what those comments were, but you've written out your beliefs and thoughts for the purpose of sharing them with others, if you did not want them shared then you would not have posted this write-up on the internet. Additionally, you mentioned content being controlled and people being manipulated by leaders of the church. Are you not doing the same thing by removing comments? My initial thought, while reading through your write-up, was that you were seeking validation, which is fine we all seek validation. Having read the comments, or those that are available, I am convinced now that you are seeking justification. I say this because you seem to only acknowledge the comments that support your point and that support you.
    In response to your write-up, I believe there is one true religion. Jesus did not change his message while on this earth depending on who he was talking with. He did not tell people what they wanted to hear. He did not tweak His message in order to make everyone feel good. Some people need(ed) to change and his message was one that paved the way to true happiness. Some people did not like the message, but that does not mean it was inaccurate or false, they had "them" issues. His message was consistent, he was consistent. Based on that observation, I believe there is one true religion on this earth.

    I respect your right to freedom of speech, regardless if I agree with you or not.
    I think happiness is a very hard thing for many people to find. I also think people are very much lost in their efforts to find it. Agency is a beautiful thing, I hope you understand the power we have been given through our agency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I don't know. I haven't removed or deleted or edited anything on here or on fb or anywhere. It says the author removed the comment so it must have been the commenter that decided to redact it.

      Delete
    2. Take a look at the fb thread. There are hundreds of comments with opposing viewpoints to mine. I think all perspectives are highly valuable and I really enjoy hearing everyone's thoughts. It's how I have learned and grown over the years -- being open to really hearing new opinions and knowledge. Honestly, I can relate to everywhere cuz I've kind of been in all those places at one time or another.

      Delete
    3. I am just curious, and this is not to offend because I agree that Jesus' teaching are indeed unchanging.

      But in the LDS church almost every doctrine has been changed 2 or 3 times, such as Joseph Smith's Trinitarian view, his views on polygamy, race, gender, the list goes on including his personal accounts of how things actually happened which to me is rather odd. . .

      I don't know if it is right for me to assume you are LDS but if that is the case I am genuinely interested by your argument. If Jesus and God gave revelation to Joseph Smith why was it never consistent and why did he feel the obligation to lie to his wife and followers in regards to said doctrine? Also why has it changed so much since?

      Jesus was perfect and I understand that his vessels are not, but the inconsistencies abound in the LDS church so I would like to genuinely know your logic on that verses your logic on Christ's teachings.

      Thank you

      Delete
  14. This. So much this. You lost me a bit when it got to the still believing in God (I've gone full agnostic), but everything else is SOOOOO right. You nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, I just did a test delete of my own post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for this! I have told my Mormon family that god literally led me out of the church but they want me to keep praying until I receive the answer they want me to receive. That I heard god wrong and that it was an answer from Satan. It's heartbreaking that I am too scared to share this, I'm scared of the repercussions from family and friends. I am a 36 year old woman still feeling controlled by the church.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "I devoured history and doctrine and scriptures and the truth could still only be found on that razor edge. So thin, so sharp, so hard to see and find.....I came to believe that both of them were pretty much full of it. Somewhere in the middle though, on a thin razor edge, was some truth"

    I love truth, I love God's word, but it is is a razor sharp.

    "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
    (Hebrews 4:12)

    When you do find truth, it will cut asunder your beliefs and shatter the paradigm boxes you stuffed reality into. I just want to share this quote from the blog post I just finished writing today:

    "When the Sword of Truth falls upon you and cuts you asunder will you choose to remain in the dark, cowering from your dissonance to confine in ignorance- disregarding the entangled cognitive web of contradicting beliefs and partial truths? Or will you have the courage to step into the light to face and embrace the truth? Will you break through the chains of hells to shed the scales of darkness from your eyes and sift through yourself- separating the wheat from the tares, dividing truth from falsehood?"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Elizabeth,

    First of all...LOVE your name! (It's the same as my wife's).

    Secondly, we should be friends. Seriously!

    You put into words my sentiments about the church.

    Interestingly enough, my journey out started back in 2005 when I was led to study Near Death Experiences.

    A common thread of those experiences was LOVE.

    Experiencers were NEVER asked about their religious affiliation, social status, etc.

    "How much did you LOVE?" was the question asked over and over again.

    #thekeyislove has become my mantra since leaving the church 1 1/2 years ago.

    Thank you for your courage and vulnerability in sharing your journey with us!

    Our journeys are ours alone to walk.

    Much love to you my friend!

    Glen Mathew Bass

    Springville, Utah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your last paragraph states " Please accept each other. " Should you do the same? You are wrong on a lot of the history and facts of the church, but I respect your opinion. It just seems you do not want to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please state which facts are "wrong" in the article.

      Delete
    2. Yes I would also like to know what history she got wrong. Have you done extensive research of the church yourself?

      Delete
  21. Bravo!!! I loved this story, YOUR story. So similar to mine and so many others. When will our families, friends and loved ones allow themselves to truly LOOK at the church and the way it's finances are doled out?What money is spent on? Unpaid ministry? Maybe at the local level but that where it stops. The 70's, Mission Presidents, Temple Presidents, the 12 and the 1st presidency are paid hefty sums of money that are disclosed as stipends sums that are NOT disclosed to regular members. When will any of them that are firm believers look at the TRUTH about the Church? It's history and it's early leaders? Current day leaders? We are taught so many half truths in church. We have been fed fake stories about everything from coffee to the early pioneers. Truth- our truth is ugly and it's exploitative and it's degrading, especially to it's women who were treated so poorly that they weren't even considered a commodity to be paid for. No they were free for the taking for any man who wanted them and so many of the polygamist men didn't even support their polygamist wives. So much different than what the church has taught us. Thank you again for your bravery. You will be chastised by the True to the Faith members, even though you hold no animosity towards them. My dear girl, don't you know that they are taught to fight anyone saying anything that does not remotely resemble their picture, of their Camelot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically there is precedence in scripture for bishops to be paid, but certainly not for melchezedek priesthood positions such as the 12, first prsidency, etc.

      Delete
  22. Lot of inaccuracies and opinions here. If you want to leave the Church, that's your right. No one's trying to take that away from you. But don't be disingenuous about it. If you don't want to follow the commandments, just say so. You didn't like the rules, and you didn't want to live by them. If you'd had a testimony of certain gospel principles, you would've felt differently. The way this reads makes me question whether you ever truly had a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. And if you didn't, well, you're just like a lot of other members who have left the church. Once again, that's fine. But for some reason you want to toot your own horn and make a big spectacle of yourself. No need for that. Just show some class and go quietly into the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Elizabeth left the church because of sin or wanting to break the WOW, we exmormons hear this a lot too. Many of us had a testimony and current temple recommend, we lived it, loved it etc, just as you do.

      A lot of members have left the church because of it's historical issues or because of Joseph Smith's stories that don't match up. Or any myriad of reasons to leave. (There are hundreds)

      There is a lot of trust issues that people have with the LDS church for good reason.

      Please point out the inaccuracies and they will be clarified, perhaps the General Conference talk? I can find that. General Authorities are paid and they lied about it for years. I can find that information for you too.

      And the article talks about why she left, so why discredit opinion? In your opinion she didn't like rules, and she didn't want to live by them. My opinion of you could be that you blindly follow the LDS religion but I don't know that because maybe you have researched the things many of us exmormons have. Your opinion is that many exmormons leave because they never had a testimony which isn't true, we have the data and statistics backing that so, due to your lack in research your opinion is invalid in that way.

      Your last 3 sentences make me LAUGH OUT LOUD.

      "But for some reason you want to toot your own horn and make a big spectacle of yourself. No need for that. Just show some class and go quietly into the night."

      To rebuttal your terrible terrible oppressive 3 sentences I will share a quote;

      "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLKJ

      You have comfort and convenience because you hide behind an "unknown" persona on this sight. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if you were an old crotchety man that also believes women should stay in the kitchen! :D

      NEVER EVER TELL ANYONE when they can or cannot speak. Ever!!! You are vile and disgusting if you think you have any hold over this women just like the LDS church has had on so many people for far to long.

      Oppressing others in my opinion is a terrible terrible sin and is not christ-like at all.

      As humans it is our duty to others to let them have opinions, speak and be freed of their bonds.

      So why don't you show some class and go quietly into the night and let the author have some peace?

      Delete
    2. I'm not oppressing anyone's opinions, I just merely suggested she should be forthright and not disingenuous about her reasons for leaving the church. If it's a matter of her not wanting to follow the commandments, that's fine. But call it what it is.

      And it's funny how many assumptions you make about me without knowing me. I can assure you that they're wholly inaccurate. You don't know more about me because I choose not to post a long essay about myself for everyone to read.

      Elizabeth is a self-promoter, plain and simple. Look at her FB page and the types of things she posts. It's been how many years since she's left the church, and she's still doing all she can do discredit it? That totally undermines her claim that she's just here to be strong and share her opinions. She's going out of her way to tarnish and sully a church and a lifestyle that many people hold sacred and dear in their hearts. Tell me how that's Christ-like.

      And you say that people leave the church for many reasons -- well, obviously. I don't disagree. My point was that my reading of her essay is that she never really had a testimony of this work and fell away the way many others have. And now she seeks to discredit it because she takes exceptions with the very commandments that she didn't wish to live. She can express her opinions all day, but it's still disingenuous, and it's belittling and discrediting a sacred work that many subscribe to and live to the fullest daily. And we have every right to defend it when false things are being uttered about it.

      I know you're trying to make this about me, but please, let's keep the focus where it's been since the beginning -- on Elizabeth.

      Delete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Elizabeth it's Sabe......You are a very talented person, I feel confident you will use your talents to do good. When I was exed I'm sure I was a huge disappointment to my family and friends, although I didn't really ever feel that because I wasn't paying attention (I was drugged out of my mind and very sick)......I wasted my talents and tried destroying many in the church because of the damage that was done to me and that I did to myself. I finally forgave my abusers and most importantly I forgave me for what I became. I don't relate with many members and I don't relate with those that fall away from the church. It doesn't matter to me. I just try to be a good person now and use my talents to be positive. The light of Christ never left me when in the streets of Washington DC picking myself up from the dirty streets. It never left me in my attempts of suicide. Continue to be a good person and keep your family close to you. All of our experiences are different and we must lead our little family units. It's not about coming or going, it's about being in my opinion. And if we are engaged in something positive, that's what matters. Love your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! So great to hear from you. Thanks for the comment and great thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time to come here and read and give feedback. Best wishes to you and your beautiful family.

      Delete
  25. Just wondering what comments were removed by the author. It seems like you will only allow thoughts and feelings that are the same as yours. Maybe have some compassion for your family who is really worried and sad for you. One of your posters here is someone in my family and the pain that their faith crisis has caused is immense and deep. Sad for her little kids too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comment was removed by the author of the comment. Not the author of the blog.

      Delete
  26. Do they care if you make money from gambling?
    Can you งานออนไลน์ make money by investing and betting on sports? I made over 100 money from betting choegocasino on sports, football, tennis, golf, 바카라사이트

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment